Hey Beautiful Soul,
I’ve come to a conclusion + It’s actually equally scary as it is exciting.
I’m going to totally #Girlboss 2017!!!
What does that actually mean?
It means I’m finally going for my dreams. I’m going to do everything I can to hustle my ass off until I get that job that’s going to take me places.
I had HUGE dreams as a little girl and year after year following my 14th birthday something rather ‘fuckety’ has blown up in my face + stopped me. Seriously, every time I take a step forward it’s like something comes along + moves me back 50 steps. It’s gotten SO bad that I’m actually taking 1/2 a step now + being thrown back a 100. It’s how it feels + it’s really messing with my chakra alignment 😉 It’s probably not… but it sounded good in my head so I wrote it!
I always had this dream in my head when I was little that when I grew up I would…
- be a business woman ultimately
- work in finance – in an accountancy based role
- would be trained + qualified in insolvency, auditing + fraud investigation (Forensic Accounting)
- would smash college + uni
- I’d be wearing quality office workwear
- I’d have a bank balance to die for
- Have an enviable figure + the men queuing up as they drool (don’t worry – I wouldn’t fall for it or tolerate it!)
- Have a hubby + adorable children
- Nice 5 bedroom house
- Awesome car
- Holiday Home in the Sun – specifically a villa in Tuscany
- A private yacht to relax on
I know they are awesome dreams + probably a little materialistic – BUT I don’t care… they are were my dreams. They ARE my dreams. For a while I’d forgotten that. I’d allowed myself to settle – until now.
Big GirlBoss Plans
So what’s the plan?
If I’m honest It’s still very much in the planning stages BUT the outline is this;
- Study accountancy (Check!) I’m enrolled to study for my advanced diploma in accountancy via self study so my motivation has to be on top form!
- Get accounts experience – I need to somehow get some experience in an accounts office WITHOUT losing out on earning potential – someone gotta pay the bills!
- Act As If – this is in regards to my clothing + behavioural persona – I need to start acting, thinking, believing that I AM worthy to be an accountant. I have the lowest self esteem at times, + I need to believe in myself more. I matter! I’m not some unfortunate ‘being’ that is taking up space. I have dreams, ambition + plans!
- Read Books That Will Propel + Prepare Me For Success – I think we all know I am a self help kinda gal – so this will be the easiest aspect of the plan for me – reading select books that I believe will help me make an impact in my life + girlboss my career dreams
- Visualise, Meditate + Manifest – This is another aspect of myself that I believe will help me if only in my own self belief. I am a big believer in the power of visualisation, meditation + manifestation. Perhaps I’ll blog more about this in the future.
- Get The Dream Job – I just need to get my dream job!
So there’s my revelation + conclusion on GirlBossing 2017 – Obviously I need to iron out the fine details of this exact plan but you gotta start somewhere right? By the end of 2017 I plan on announcing that I have FINALLY gotten my dream job in accounts! So I will share my personal development, career development, self help motivation + girlboss journey with you here.
If you have a GirlBoss Dream – just go for it! Seriously… our dreams matter more than our excuses/blocks/’fuckety reasons’. Just go out there + Kick Ass! You deserve to be happy! We all do,
Speak really soon,
Little Miss Sunshine,